Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What I Wore At The Wedding

If you follow my personal account on Twitter @Koko1808, you will know that by midday on Saturday, I still did not have a dress to wear to the wedding I was invited to (also on Saturday afternoon). I am still SMH at myself for this, why I went for the 10km run in the morning without a dress is beyond me. Anyhoo, I believe all is well that ends well as I found thee purrfect dress.!

The wedding deco was to-die-for!

Before I tell you what I wore I must say, in my entire 24 years of living, I have never been to a more romantic wedding.! My word, I shed a tear or two and I now change my mind about marriage, I also want to get married. YES, PLEASE!! I wish the groom and bride (who are soo evidently in love, its the biggest inspiration ever) lots of wonderful and happy years together.
Dear Future Husband: (wherever you may be in the world), we are definitely having an evening wedding, please don't argue just accept it.


Now back to what I was wearing. I  must say that finding the perfect dress to wear was not so difficult, I already had a 70s inspired outfit in mind anyway (Refer to my new 70s-inspired-look article HERE). The task that seemed impossible was 'accessorizing' the dress. I believe, now more than ever, that us women are the most fickle of creatures. I sat in my apartment crying (yes, I am emotional like that) when I was caught between black and nude-gold-inspired accessories. I was BBM-ing my friends and when my friend Kat finally came to fetch me I was still undecided *sigh*.

Pulling long faces while deciding between black or nude-gold accessories :-( The decision that ultimately brought me to tears.


When I asked my friend Kat which look to go with, he said the one with black accessories and I knew I had to go for the other option LOL, I don't know why (Don't we women ALWAYS do that?). Anyhoo, I was very happy with the result.

Not to shabby hey....


I felt like a black Maryln Monroe in that famous dress of hers...*heek heek*.

See what I mean? Yes? No? LOL! OK fine. :-)


On a rather serious note: I had so much fun and I think people who fall head over heels in love and get married are truly blessed. 

More pics:
With the beautiful Nokwanda.!



With my friend Katlego aka Kat 
'Nuff said: I TOTALLY love this picture.!




I'm mos def getting married!



2 comments:

  1. i love the neckline- classic.red on a yellowbone like you. H.O.T.T
    that hat/hairthing- understated glamour. i LUV

    ReplyDelete
  2. YELLOWBONE LOL *private joke*. Thank you so much. U sound like you love and know fashion, I like that.!

    ReplyDelete