Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fashion Friday - The Story Behind Today's Outfit

Firstly, its the weeeeekeeeend baybay!!! That means, happy Friday to you and yours. Every Friday is Fashion Friday and that translates to proudly-wear-something-made-in-South-Africa-day but I couldn't help putting together this 70s inspired outfit with some non-South-African pieces. There is a story behind every outfit and here is mine;




Fashion Friday Outfit
  • Jeans - Oldest pair of jeans I own, bought for me by my brother in law in Malaysia in 2005. Haven't worn them since my university days. Revived them because of their 'bell bottom' feel.
  • Bag - My vintage inheritance which I blogged about HERE! I inherited this from my big sister who also got it from my mom. I LOVE it and have been carrying it almost everyday ever since I got it.
  • Shoes - These shoes are by Sequel (not sure if that is SA made, I tried Googling it). They were a measly R220.00 I normally would not say this about clogs but these clogs are the future!
  • Belt - This came with a pair of jeans I bought from Identity.
  • Vest - Can't remember how I bribed my niece into giving me this vest. Its from Top Shop.
  • Neck-piece - I got it for a song at Mr. Price, many moons ago.
  • Watch - I bought it when I had my big sister's credit card (Isn't she the bestest?) Its from Tempo.
  • Sunglasses  - Part of my collection of over 50 sunglasses and this pair is from Mr. Price.
Confession - I am utterly OBSESSED with watches and sunglasses and will (one day soon) blog about my collection

    2 comments: