Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jo'burg Fashion Week Day 1 - Runway Report

The first day of Jo'burg Fashion Week was dedicated MAINLY to 13 up and coming new generation designers. Kokonut Stylist bring you a review like no other, enjoy.!



First up, is Jessica Sutherland


Jessica has a Bachelor Degree in Fashion from LISOF and she was showcasing her graduation collection and she says it was shaped around the concept of transition. I personally truly loved it, its the kind of designs that one can rock straight from the runway. *I see grey is making a huge comeback, it might just be the new black, lets watch and learn.!





Next, we have the lovely Sunette Scheepers:

She is my fellow varsity mate, Sunette studied Fashion Design at the Tshwane University of Technology and graduated in 2010. Her collection 'In Motion; is inspired by sports attire and physical movement. She puts the 'glam' in sporty.





My personal favorite, Laura Kass:

Laura is a LOSOF graduate, she says her collection was inspired by a wealthy Ghanaian woman who is a market trader. She (Laura) used rich African-inspired material for her collection. I LOVED EVERYTHING and I want to get EVERYTHING she was showcasing.




Phumzile Langa:


She is also a fellow varsity mate. She studied Fashion Design at the University Of Technology and she says her collection  draws influence from Japanese anime, samurais, Alice in Wonderland , superheroes, mystic powers and the famous Harajuku station in Tokyo. I know that's a hell-lotta places to draw inspiration from but I can summarize it in two words: Alexander McQueen.! Phumzile's collection has the same fierceness that is iassociated with Alexander McQueen. Sheer Brilliance!





Pride Nkosi:


She says her collection was inspired by Gothic Roman Cathedrals around the world. her designs, she says, are designed to fit curvier and shapely women.



More interesting designs from Fastrack Day:

Minette Meyer: 




Nadine Holloway:


Judging from all these designs, all these designers have bright futures ahead of them. I wish them well, all of them.!





2 comments:

  1. i love the Laura Kass collection too the most, the colour is super amazing. Minette Meyer is my next fave, Purple is my colour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, we like totally have the same taste. For me as well, its Laura Kass who is head and shoulders above the rest, the entire collection speaks to me.!

    ReplyDelete