Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Kokonut Stylist Returns

Wow, in the past few months (and by few I mean over 8 months) one has lived an entire lifetime. Sooo much has happened and sooo much has changed within me that I am finally where I am grateful for discovering just how strong and amazing a woman I am. I know a lot of people would email me to ask me to blog again, people would tweet me telling me how much they missed my blog. Worry not dear friends, my battles are all over now and I am looking forward to blogging everyday, except maybe on weekends.

For the past three weeks I was in Swaziland, I needed to heal from a lot of things mostly from heartache. If I was a trust fund baby I would have gone on a 'soul searching' trip around the world ala Eat, Pray, Love but I got from being home what I would have gotten from that trip, I think. 

One of the wonderful things that happened while I was in Swaziland is that I got an a-m-a-z-i-n-g feature on The Weekend Observer, the highlight was that I got a snippet on a cover page that had King Mswati III on it *dies*. Trust me to make a big deal out of any and every thing but this was a big deal we all agree right, LOL! Good.



"Meet The Eccentric Koko" Weekend Observer Entertainment Feature


I had a lovely interview with Phumla Dlamini and our love for fashion immediately connected us. Phumla and myself spoke about my love for fashion, blogging, the opportunities that my blog has opened for me, my future plans, my achievements and all that. The article was so well written it made me realize that "hey, I have worked hard and made something with my life". If there was ever any justification, motivation or pat-on-the-back that I ever needed, that article gave me that. I was grateful to see myself through the eyes of another person's interview with me.

 I live, eat, breathe and exude fashion! No truerer words have been spoken.

In the next few months (I am hoping by end of June) we will have a proper The Kokonut Stylist website (www.thekokonutstylist.com). I plan to use the website for an online shoetique, an online accessories store, The Kokonut Stylist TV (always pushing boundaries aren't we) and the blog will move to that site so that it can be a very interactive website. I submit my plans to the universe, I know that if I put in the hard work needed, God will make sure all my dreams come to pass.

To you I want to say that, often times it is so easy to put our dreams aside and do "what we have to" and just find ourselves living life nje  from one day to another. Do not fall into that trap, we all have dreams and things we hope for in this life, go for it, go for gold and you will see the quality of your living improve.

From my heart to yours, I wish you (and myself included) nothing short of only the best that your life can offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment