Thursday, April 25, 2013

I Committed A Fashion Crime, I Missed Fashion Week

SA Fashion Week was between the 11th and 15 of April. This time the designers were showcasing the Spring/Summer 2013 Collections, it is always an entire two seasons ahead. During that time I was in Swaziland, I had taken a sabbatical month to help me heal from being extremely heartbroken (story for another day, another platform). Albeit, I committed a fashion crime, I missed fashion week *hangs head in shame*. 

I started attending fashion week in 2011 when I started taking this blog seriously. Its so cool to attend when you have the media pass and all that, you go from one fashion show to another. Sometimes you find that one show is in the North somewhere and the next show is downtown. It is the most exhilarating yet tiring week in any fashionista's schedule. Then comes the "what should I wear today" question with all of these days, throughout the week. There is something about seeing designer's collections on the runway that makes your own wardrobe look like trash bin.

While going through the SA Fashion Week Official Websitethere were a few collections that stood out for me. My pride and joy comes from seeing young designers who were at Fastrack a few years ago now showing with the big, more well established designers. Halala to them!!! Fastrack is a fashion day for mostly graduate designers (mostly from Lisof) to break into the market. A few years ago AFI had partnered with Foschini group to enable these new designers to have a platform to showcase their designs.


Here are some items from the collections that really impressed me. I think at the moment South Africa is the place to be for fashion, we live in thee most exciting times!\

Black Coffee


Loxion Kulca


Stoned Cherrie (the use of colour here is amazeballz)


Gert-Johan Coetzee (Side note: Poppy has a hot bod!)


Jacquelin Munsami

Joel  Janse Van Vuuren

Suzaan Heyns (The creativity
 here is to die for!)

So ladies, it looks like the sheer look is here to stay. Black and white is very much in vogue and a pop of color here and there never hurt anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment