Thursday, January 20, 2011

Joburg Fashion Week Buzz

Last night, AFI (Africa Fashion International) launched Joburg Fashion week at an event held at Randlords in Braamfontein. Joburg Fashion Week will be on the 15th of February till the 19th of February 2011, in various locations in the city center.


JFW


AFI Chairperson - Dr.  Precious Moloi-Motsepe



The ever stylish 'hostess with the mostess' - Noni Gasa


This year, AFI promised that Joburg Fashion Week (JFW)will capture the essence of Johannesburg and I couldn't agree more; with venues like Joburg Art Gallery, The Bus Factory, Randclub and of course, Nelson Mandela Bridge I believe Jozi will be b-u-z-z-i-n-g with fashion.!

Here are some pictures from the JFW campaign and if pictures are anything to go by, I say this will be very exciting.!

Models wearing cat suits with pictures of the four events where the JFW will be held.


This picture makes me fall in love with Jozi....over and over again.


Shot taken at the Nelson Mandela Bridge. How Epic!



I feel the essence of Jozi in this pic.*loves it*.!


BRT Glam :-)


I am extremely excited about this particular fashion week for a lot of reasons but my love for clothes, my love for Joburg city outshine all the other reasons. I am particularly looking forward to David Tlale's show on the 19th of February at the Nelson Mandela Bridge. It is said that there will be 92 models strutting their stuff on the bridge, each model representing a year in Nelson Mandela's Life...... GENIUS.!!

Other designers that I am looking forward to seeing are: Kluk CGDT, Lisp and Thula Sindi.

Watch the launch video here: Joburg Fashion Week Launch Video

Visit the AFI Website for more details on the autumn/winter fashion week. Tickets will be available 'soon' at Computicket and they start at around R170.00 so no-one has an excuse for not attending.

Now...what to wear....*thinking*

No comments:

Post a Comment