Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Met Gala 2013 - Fashion Police

Any fashion forward person will tell how much we look forward to the Met Gala every year. The Met Gala is an annual costume institute ball for the opening of the fashion exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum and its main aim is to raise funds for, lets say art.


Now, I don't usually do this but...*said in my best R-Kelly voice* I HAD to do this one. I hardly ever do a fashion police blog post because I believe style is very personal and no-one can define it for another person, well unless they are hired to. BUT.... I had to with the Met Gala 2013. 



The theme for this year was Punk as in Punk Fashion as in rock-and-roll punk, yeah. How can so many people with so much money get it wrong? How is that even possible? 



I will do the best dressed and get it over and done with:



My girl Anne Hathaway totally nailed it!! She looked absolutely perfect!


NICOLE RICHIE, OMG!!!! She defied every possible fashion rule, did not conform to anything and she perfected the theme in her very own way. I love it! I imagine Rihanna doing this type of edgy fashion. Bravo Nicole.


I am yet to see Blake Lively in anything but amazing! She looked absolutely flaw-less, as always.


Dakota Fanning looked simply beautiful!



Now the worst dresses, I just had to pick a few from the lot:

Beyonce *sigh*. I love you with everything I am but WTH boo? Mostly why boo? I'm sorry but she looked tacky *wears bullet proof vest*.


Boring Biel..ever so boring. Has anyone ever put Jessica Biel on their best dressed list? This is kind of expected from her but even for her own standards she outdid herself. 


Why Madonna, why? You are over 50, when are you going to grow up? This is the worst of the worst!


Kristen Stewart, I just have no words anymore. What could have possibly been going through her mind when she put this on and looked at herself in the mirror? Was she happy with herself?


Lastly, Kim Kardashian, death by!! Someone likened her dress to her granmama's couch. It even has matching gloves that thing she is wearing. I'm sorry I can't look anymore. So wrong Kimmy!! Why? Who styled you?

Someone on Twitter said Joan Rivers is going to have a blast on Fashion Police, she sure is. I hope I don't miss that episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment