Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Let's Accessorize..!!



'ACCESSORY'  - 'do up', 'beautify'...what a lovely word. True, accessories do beautify an outfit - they are what i like to call 'the deal sealer'. From handbags, to purses to scarfs to statement ring ( the really bold ones that stand out) to earrings to belts and everything in- between. The trick though, is mastering the thin line between 'accessorizing' and looking like a Christmas tree.


Gentlemen - kindly check out the adverts on the left-hand panel of the blog. There are AMAZING fashion tips for you...from male-fashion-experts. It's from shops as YDE, Gucci and the like. Yeah, u best believe it.! 

For ladies, nothing says 'I am fabulous' more than a handbag....I have to admit I'm a sucker for lovely handbags- they don't have to be expensive as long as they don't look cheap, are the right size (Important: size is outfit-and-event-specific) and the right colour, of course. Gone are the days when ladies HAD TO match their handbags and shoes to be deemed stylish. I say bold is always sexy- let it stand out. 

Rebecca Bloomwood from one of my favorite movies - "Confessions Of A Shopaholic" (PS: Her wardrobe is TO-DIE-FOR!) 



 


Below are a few of my favourite handbags which by the way can be bough reasonably cheaper at http://www.bidorbuy.co.za.  


This lovely Chanel handbag is ultimate classy handbag which every girl should have.




Again, nothing says "I'm young and fabulous" like a Juicy Couture handbag. (Perfect for a less formal look)




Purses: Also available at http://www.bidorbuy.co.za




Watches: I am luurving this lovely range of UBER cute YDE watches. *Available at all YDE outlets in a wide and WILD range of colours.


Earings: For me - the best places to buy earings are Identinty, YDE and believe it or not Mr Price. Unless you buying diamond earings ...you really do not have to clear your bank account for earings. 

Belts: Goodness gracious, waist belts may just never cease to be sytlish. I can almost give my word for that. They have been around since the Coco Chanel era and we still wearing them even today. They can be worn over coats, dresses, shirts- the list is absolutely endless. Locally, for me no-one rocks the waist-belt-look better than Uyanda Mbuli...a sytle icon of note, if I must add. The beauty of these belts - is that they are available ABSOLUTELY everywhere- even at flee markets...yes.!


Imagine the one with animal print on a black dress with animal print shoes to match- YUM.!




Shoes: OK - maybe I need to dedicate a whole blog about shoes and ladies, never ever compromise on quality when it come to shoes.


Other Accesories:

Scarfs - I love them for their versatility and any guy wearing a scarf makes me weak on my knees..lol.

 




PS: Whatever you do- wherever you go, I beg of you - from the bottom of my heart... DO NOT buy fake items..no matter how real it looks.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff - love the belts and those watches from YDE are so cute. Check out my blog http://whatyouwore2day.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- cool stuff. Imma follow it. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete