About a month ago CLEO Magazine approached myself (The Kokonut Stylist) and 5 other South African fashion bloggers for their June 2011 Issue, themed: The Bloggers Issue. Basically we were interviewed on our fashion trends for winter. It is a MUST buy, very interesting with lots of winter style ideas.
I am still trying to contain my excitement as I am on an ENTIRE page of a magazine *calls mom*. As a blogger, such exposure and recognition is uber cool and very humbling. Thank you CLEO.
I love how they put my Icon (Coco Chanel) on my page- PERFECTION!
The Kokonut Stylist CLEO Magazine interview:
- What's your blog about? Fashion trends, style tips and general real-life issues surrounding fashion.
- What are your top three fashion trends for winter? Black and caramel trench coats, knee-length boots and bright coloured gloves.
- Where do you find inspiration? From street fashion, runways, my naturally stylish mom and sisters and Blake Lively.
- What other blogs do you follow? The Glamourai, The Sartorialist, a few South African blogs and a Kenyan blog called The Fashion Notebook.
- What's your personal style? I'm currently trying out the '70s look but I try to not conform to one style.
- What's your staple accessory? Watches, sunglasses and jewelery.
- What's the most timeless accessory you own? My caramel leather vintage bag. I use it daily and its featured in my blog a lot!
Below are the other 5 incredible bloggers I was featured with:
Rozanne of Lucy Cant Dance
Tanya of Leluvette
Mellisa of Miss Molly Fashions
Kim of KimGray.co.za
And..Pippa of The Thrift Collection
Many thanks to the CLEO Magazine Fashion Editor. Go get a copy NOW, its only R20!