Wednesday, September 8, 2010

For The GOSSIP GIRL In All Of Us



I recently just started watching Gossip Girl on SABC3, "Welfare TV 3" - as we like to refer to it on Twitter http://twitter.com/Coco1808 (we just said goodbye to Season 2 and I already cant wait for Season 3). YES, I did not get the Gossip Girl memo while I was at varsity, so excuse me while I blog LOL.




I watch Gossip Girl for a LOT of reasons but none as prominent as my love for their wardrobe, word.! Can we have a moment of silence for that wardrobe *................* Thank you. It is TDF ( to-die-for).


Everytime I watch Gossip Girl I churn with jelousy at the ability of each girl to project her personality through beautiful, beautiful .......abso-freaking-lutely beautiful clothes. 

My favourite Gossip Girl qeeens.



 1. Blair
Blair, Blair, Blair.....not only does she have the most interesting character, she has the most sophisicated wardrobe I have ever seen on a high school kid, one could swear she is Royalty. Blair is the ultimate defination of an 'uptown girl'. Everything of hers is ALWAYS in place. She always looks like she stepped out of a Coco Chanel catalog.



How to achieve Blair's look:
#Tailored classic pieces ( dresses, skirts, coats, jerseys, shoes that are to-die-for)...lots of them
#Headbands and lots of girly details
#Lively colors
#Tights
#You will also need the airs and grace of a Queen to pull this look off.
* Personally, this can never be my daily look, I need an event to dress like Blair.Oh and Blair NEVER wears pants...any type of pants EVER.!


2. Serena
Wow, this one for me just hits the spot...the way 'X' marks a spot LOL. I absolutely adore Serena's wardrobe, it is similar to mine in a lot of ways (she obviously has MORE and MUCH costly ensembles than I do). Its funky, playful and very much inspired by Kate Moss. Serena is not afraid to take risks with her look and leave you wondering 'wow, I never thought that would look good together, nice'.





How to achieve Serena's look:
#Jackets ... *She doesn't just wear any jackets, detail is EVERYTHING. *PS: The best places to shop for these is vintage shops and second hand shops *best kept secret shhh* ...in Swaziland we used to call such shops "Emasekenini"  trust me on this one LOL.  
#Skinny jeans ...very much like Kate Moss and fit is the 'make-or-break' of skinny jeans.
#Dresses ...she wears her dresses with the most unexpected detail.
#Boots ....I love ALL her boots and the way she uses them as an 'accessory'.
#Layered necklaces and bangles


3. Jenny
Jenny has the kind of wardrobe that makes you wish you had the guts to pull off. She reminds me of Avril Lavigne, come to think of it, they do look alike....in a way. She is sometimes *gothic* and has SUCH an eye for fashion. Jenny knows her body and what works for her. Most of her clothes are easily available in most retail shops, you just have to have an eye for detail to master this look.



How to achieve Jenny's look:
#Hats and lots of hair accessories
#Short skirts and short dresses
#Tights
#Bright colored clothes
#Long jackets
*PS: Jenny's wardrobe is not costly, she has found what works for her and can easily make her own clothes (only for the brave hearted) as she knows how to make it work.
4. Vanessa
For me, this is one of the most interesting characters...she is not afraid to be herself, she is unique and it shows in the clothes she wears. She has a playful I-dont-take-myself-too-seriously-and-if-you-have-a-problem-with-that-too-bad look LOL. That just summarizer her look in a nutshell. She loves color and somehow always stands out in a crowd.



How to achieve Vanessa's look:

#Skinny jeans
#Funky jackets
#Black tights with short skirts and dresses
#BRIGHT colors
#Ankle boots and sneakers
#BOLD jewelery and a bold personality to match.

With all that said and done, we need to give props to the man responsible for such a *Great* wardrobe.


 His name is Eric Daman http://www.zimbio.com/Eric+Daman. He used to be assistant wardrobe designer for Sex and The City, what a great guy. Intelligent and very fashion forward. *I wish he was my friend...or personal wardrobe coach.


You know you love me;

XOXO.!


No comments:

Post a Comment