Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Izikhothane - The American Version

I was telling my boyfriend that on Sunday I experienced Izikhothane in action in Daveyton. I watched in sheer horror as a guy burnt a t-shirt, tore another one to shreds and threw an entire bucket of KFC on the ground. This got me thinking on as to whether the few South Africans who partake in this Izikhithane thing were the only ones pulling such mediocre stunts. It turns out they are not alone.


Francesca Eastwood (the daughter of Clint Eastwood), together with her equally crazy boyfriend recently torched and chain-sawed a red crocodile Hermes Birkin handbag, uploaded the pictures on a blog and called it art. For those who may not be on the know with Hermes Birkin bags, I did a post a while ago Its Not Just A Handbag, Its Hermes Dahling and they are bloody expensive! The particular bag that Francesca Eastwood and company torched is said to have been worth $100,000 and I get heart palpitations just thinking about the Rand equivalent of that. 





I am unable, shuttered and completely done with me!


The worst part is that people wait for YEARS just to purchase Hermes Birkin handbags *sigh*. The plight of Izikhothane is a serious one and it knows no color.

2 comments:

  1. I almost cried!!!!! They are both insane and abusive :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck izikhothane and let the poor sarviv

    ReplyDelete