Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Shopping Woes

Yesterday I decided I had to get a proper dress to wear to the Channel O Music Video Awards...off to Eastgate I went.



I had limited time as most shops close at 6PM ( Last minute shopping, I never learn)...anyhoo, I first went to YDE and saw a lovely dress that swept me off my feet, *talk about love at first sight*, this was so until I tried it on and it showed me flames. Its soo revealing, I'd have to be some mutation from Lady Gaga to wear it.


The dress looks stunning, no doubt about that but try it on and u feel like you have been cheated by insurance underwriters, its very revealing. So I left it.

I then made my way to Truworths, where I finally bought my ensemble. I fear buying from a retail shop for such events *not to sound snobbish but its a real fear* I'd rather have a dress made for me, (trust me its cheaper). I bought a stunning pink dress which I wont upload here ...YET.

I was so troubled I tweeted the following:

"OMG have u ever bought a dress and PRAYED that no-one else wears it on the same nyt as u?? To the same event? Oh lawd.!! "

"Or that they put your dress on the window? #RetailShopsFears

"Taking a risk with this dress... *engulfed by fear* "

At last, I decided that so what if someone else wears it, really...so what??

*Still crossing fingers though ;-) *


No comments:

Post a Comment