Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Get Ready To Be Carrie-d Away (Pre SEX & THE CITY 2 blog)

"After all, seasons change, so do cities: people come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart and if you're very lucky, a plane ride..." Sex & The City

I've thought about posting a Sex & The City 2 blog over a million times (if that's possible). I normally  he he he, well I actually do not like imposing myself on others so the implication of that is, just because I LURVE Sex & The City, doesn't mean I should blog about it right ?


Well, I finally posted this blog because;

1. I love Sex & The City ( in case I haven't mentioned it..lol) because of;


The four ladies (From left to right)

  • Charlotte (Kristin Davis) has a sweet, preppy style that is always accompanied by the proper bag and shoes.Bows, cute pins and feminine styles play up the nature of her character.
  • Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) is fearlessly fashionable: her style ranges from uptown chic to whimsy to sex kitten--->yeah sex kitten. Stilettos are a staple in Carrie's world.
  • Miranda ( Cynthia Nixon) looks like a very well-dressed career girl with chic and neutral styles. 
  • Samantha (Kim Cattrall) wears sexy styles that exude confidence. She is a Woman ( with a capital "W") and the message comesloud and clear through strong styles and bold color.


2. Fabulous I Am.! is a fashion blog.
The wardrobe on the first one was out of this world. *Pure awesomery*





The wardrobe on the second one will carry us away. They spent 10 Million US Dollars ! (no one can Roger that- word.!) on just the wardrobe!!!! Can u spell H-E-A-V-E-N..*sigh*. I also couldn't believe it until I read it here;http://www.hollywood.com/feature/Sex_and_the_City_Spends_10_Million_Dollars_on_Wardrobe/6871597

Seeeing is believing rriiiiiight?
                                             
The famous Carrie Bradshaw ensemble;                     


Remember Mr. Big was gonna build a new closet for Carrie at that house they sold? Do u think they bought another one and this is the actual closet? I would die...



A scene shot in Abu Dhabi;




3. The humor in the movie is just un-flippen-believable. Here are some hilarious quotes;
  • Carrie: 'I'm homeless! I'll be a bag lady! A Fendi bag lady but a bag lady!!'
  • Carrie: "But I rationalized that my new shoes shouldn't be punished just because I cant't budget"
  • Steve: "What's wrong with corduroy?" Miranda: "I dont have enough time to tell you what's wrong with corduroy."
  • Miranda: "Steve is completely predictable but that's one of the things I love about him. He's just so comfortable and safe. Carrie: "Are you dating a man or a minivan?"
  • Carrie's answering machine: "Hi, I'm not here but my shoes are, so leave them a message."

4. I love everyone who reads this blog...(honest blog) and since I love y'all I....

I also went an extra mile ( u are that special) and found this AWESOME Sex & The City competition in COSMOPOLITAN Magazine, here's the link. I hope u can spell F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S coz that's exactly what this competition is all about. Trust me, u wanna win this.! Immo keep my fingers crossed for myself and everyone who reads this blog. Click here to enter the Cosmo competition;http://www.cosmopolitan.co.za/Win/Details/96

Before I go, dear producers of Sex & The City; I adore your work and Imma let u finish but why did u allow SOOO much Photoshop for this poster? Tjo, it looks soo unreal. You must never.!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank u sooo much. Means a lot to moi boo...*whoop whoop- does happy dance*

    ReplyDelete